hiii! Sorry for those extremely angsty posts. I was in a weird mood. Like totally on a high on saturday (!!!!!!!), moody on sunday and cry-y on monday! Horrible. And now on thursday, I'm back to normal. And no one has told me to shut down the blog, but I'm getting lots of "You better not shut down or else!" so I shall not :) But beware, I may not update that often! Exams are coming REALLY REALLY soon!
K. I'm here coz I just wanted to write about the Shankar Ehsaan Loy concert which was held on Saturday at the Esplanade. For those who just want the short story: It was GREAT!! :)
It started at 8 - we reached at 7.50 only because of the heavyy jam, despite leaving home at 7! And there were about 15-20 of us, more kids than parents. Amma, Appa and Teenu didn't come coz of Teenu's O Levels, so I went with Rachu, etc. Anyway, we were all extremely excited when we reached and the Esplanade theatre was really nice n all so it added to the excitement. And then, the show started!
With Breathless. For the first time, I'd seen a live performance of that song, and Shankar M was reeeeally good! (Well, that's a known fact) but seriously, the breaths he took were imperceptible and it sounded as good as the track. Then Ehsaan and Loy were introduced and both played excellently. Ehsaan on the guitar (REALLY WANNA LEARN GUITAR NOW!!) and Loy on the keyboard. I really wanted to see how Loy played, coz well, for inspiration. And I did get inspired! Bored everyone at home by playing the keyboard for about 1 hour plus and Amma was begging me to stop. Coz I'd forgotten most of my chords and how to play stuff. Ok, going off track.
So after Breathless, the other songs came. Dil Chahta Hai aaaah! Ehsaan played one tiny bit from the song (the guitar part) and I started screaming like mad! Ok, I don't remember the whole list (as far as I remember, Anu took down everything meticulously :) chamathu girl). The ones I remember in particular are Where's the Party Tonight, Nach Baliye, Rock and Roll Soniye, Maahi Ve - those were all the majorly dancing ones. Pretty Woman too. And they asked for 'pretty women' to come up and dance on stage. Neeti was jumping like mad beside me but we were all on the third level! So twas impossible :( So about 9 little girls from the first row went up on stage. One of them was Laasya! Didn't recognize her until Chithappa told us later. And Shankar even spoke to her on stage! She was very cute heh. AND CAN YOU BELIEVE THE ESPLANADE PEOPLE DIDN'T LET ANYONE ELSE GO ON STAGE AFTER THAT?!?! Party poopers! It wouldn't have made a difference to us, since we were high above somewhere, but what's wrong with getting volunteers man! Hmph.
Then Mitwaaaaa (I've been listening to it daily since then!), Koi Kahe Kehta Rahe, Main Hoon Don, Woh Ladki Hai Kahan (we ALL did that funny flapping arms thing :P). Oh and there was a bit in the middle with the melodious songs, my favourite part :) Like Kaisi Hai Yeh Rut (really really love that song), Agar Main Kahoon, Jaane Kyun, Kuch Naa Kaho, etc. And Ehsaan and Loy did like individual pieces as well. The ones I remember distinctly are Tanhayee on the guitar and Loy's Kal Ho Naa Ho. I've been playing both on the keyboard ever since. And singing at home non-stop :P
Oh yes, for the female voice, Mahalaxmi Iyer had come. She has a really good voice! Especially while singing the higher pitched parts, wow, didn't go off AT ALL! There was this other guy who'd come, called Raman. Upcoming singer. He sang Dil Se :) I'd welcome ARR any time! And even Shankar sang Urvashi Urvashi Take it Easy Policy, coz it was his first song for ARR (the hindi version). And they did a rendition of Ghanan Ghanan, and after that, another 'remixed' version of the same song. The If-it-had-rained version! So it was really fast n v v catchy. Shankar also sang some tamil songs :) All those Vijay dappangoothu types so all of us danced with TAMIL PRIDE :D hehehe.
Oh yeah. We danced like MAD. Even me! Only Aditi was standing there "trying to be vaguely happening" (dee, I'm quoting you here!) heh. And we made the guys stand up too! And the parents were also clapping and grooving! Awesome stuff. Energy was high throughout the concert. And I was sooooooooo high on adrenaline after that so could only sleep around 3ish!
I'm not gonna compare it with the ARR show last year, coz they're very different types of concerts. These guys compose and perform their songs, but for the ARR one, lots of singers had come. I really loved both. And I'm sure if there are more concerts in the future, I'll surely go!
Oh, after the show, there was an autograph signing session. They're all so friendly! :D :D and the whole "Oh! Archana who posted on the website" part made me even higher! :D We got all their autographs and even took photos with them! (Those who want the pics, please ask vidhu or ochie. I'm not gonna come on MSN much).
Wanted to go see them off at the airport but I had a presentation (horrible horrible presentation) on Monday and was getting stressed over it, so didn't go. Anyway, there's next time! For their first concert as SEL in Singapore, it was a really fun experience! Hopefully for them too :) Since the crowd also participated eagerly! Waiting for more of these shows to come!
Btw, their main website's http://www.shankarehsaanloy.com/. Shankar Mahadevan's own website is http://www.shankarmahadevan.com/ and Ehsaan's is http://www.ehsaannoorani.com/. As usual I love looking at the photo galleries. This photo's a really cool one!

I love the whole bluish background thing. The photo's also up there for those who have no idea who Shankar Ehsaan Loy are! Go listen to them people!
Different versions of Saturday's concert can be found in nutti, ochie and aditi's blogs. Ok, I shall go be useful now.
AND OMG, HAPPY BIRTHDAY APPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (54 year OLD man! :D) We're going out for dinner today! Tralalala! Byeeeeee :)
8 Scribbles
Hi AA,
Gosh, SEL was fun wasn't it. Our one last chance to go utterly bonkers before EXAMS! Glad to hear that you got over your angsty mood! Its very unlike you m'dear!!!
I went and posted the PIC [or pic with SEL] on their website, and Ehsan actually REPLIED. He wanted to know who was who, and so I told him.
You're right about them being really cool and down to earth!
Divi
PS: you can see the PIC on my blog, which I finally updated after waiting for the cows to come home.
Yeah! They're awesome! YAAAY! And I just commented on your blog! WOW UPDATE! Btw when are your exams? Or exam only no? For one module? Mine are from 25th to 4th Dec! One on 25th and 2 on 4th! After that, INDIAAAAAAA!
Btw loosidivi, it's my photo only no! So I've seen it before! :) BUT YEAH THEY'RE SOOO COOL <333!
AND DOUBLE A!
I read this entry a while back but I was too lazy to post a comment because this is seriously irksome.
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMOVE YOUR TB WHYYY =(
Don't be a crazk vidhu! It doesn't make that much of a difference! All you have to do is an extra click! And there's no word limit AND NO UGLY SMILEYS! How awesome is that!!
hehe. So where's the comment on the entry loose?
I'm not gonna comment because this entry doesn't exactly concern (or excite) me.
Bidhoo! NOOOOO!
Post a Comment
<< Home