Wednesday, January 30, 2008

hiii. It's been a while since I updated. Not that I've been busy actually.. it's sheer laziness heh. So anyway we're into the third week of my FINAL sem. The end is near! I don't know what to feel about it. The future just seems like one big unknown grey mass and everytime I tell myself to go do research, something else comes up. At least my panic attacks have stopped.

Having a pretty good life in general :) Good moods and all that. Thanks ;) :D And it helps that even at home, the situation is quite decent. Appa's gone to Japan now. So I'm stuck with the dishes every day. And I realised something new about myself. As long as there's good music in the background, mom can just keep piling the dishes and I won't even mind cleaning them! I think that goes for all household chores. YAY I know what really makes me tick now!

Speaking of music, I realise I haven't spoken about the Jodhaa Akbar songs yet. By ARR of course. And as expected, the songs are great. I can't pinpoint the best of the lot, but I've been listening to Jashn-E-Bahaara the most. Followed closely by Khwaja. And the trumpets in Azeem-O-Shaan Shahenshah. Awesome. And In Lamhon is growing on me too. I haven't heard Mann Mohana enough to decide. That song is a female solo so I just keep picturizing Aishwarya Rai in it and get all grossed out. She looks really bad. And old. And Hrithik looks great as Akbar. No, I'm nottt being biased! Seriously she looks really old and awful next to him. And has the same expression she had in Guru. And all her other movies which I choose not to remember. Hrithik looks good :D Oh and director is Ashutosh Gowarikar. I don't know whether to go watch it or not, but mostly I won't. Looks kinda draggy. I feel like watching Lagaan again!

Oh ya I haven't mentioned. The gang's making a trip to Yogyakarta, Java, Indonesia for CNY this year! And we've got a record of 37 people! YAYYYY I AM SO EXCITED. This means a coach full of noisy, talkative people to drive the tourguide and driver mad! :D :D The Chiang Mai trip had only 16, but that itself was great. I distinctly remember our tourguide looking very disgruntled - her name was La. And all of us used to sing her name or keep making fun of it :D ok that's so mean. but it was fun!! Can't wait. Leaving on 6th, returning on 9th.

Thyagaraja Aradhana was on saturday. It was good. Pancharatna kritis always make me high. And the whole congregational singing with instruments and everything. Awesome fun :) Looking forward to next year's! Apparently we've got some orchestra thing in April as well. Dunno details, but it's on April 30th.

Sigh this is such a boring post. I'm feeling my usual post-lunch drowsiness aaaaaaaaahh. Good thing no classes today. Oh ya, to all meddies, congrats on finishing patho! I feel like slacking toooo! I guess I am actually. Also, the last test match was a draw so Aussies won 2-1. Congrats to Djokovic for winning the Australian Open! I can't believe Federer lost! Much to teenu's delight. I wanna play tennis! Anyone??

I shall go study now. Or maybe nap. One leads to the other anyway :D byee!

0 Scribbles

Post a Comment

<< Home