Friday, February 29, 2008

Talk of the town (South India and parts of Singapore):


There's this video which people have been raving about, at least in India. And amma came home after paatu class and told me that our teacher had also seen it and was totally believing in it. Ok basically it's about a miracle which is said to have occurred about a week back.


There's a place called Thiruvannamalai in Tamil Nadu. Holy place and all that. So there was some electrician from TNEB (Tamil Nadu Electrical Board) working there and the suddenly saw a Siddhar (Saint) hovering near him. He was basically walking but his feet weren't touching the ground. So this electrician whipped out his mobilephone and took a video of this "amazing sight". On seeing this, the fact that he was being recorded, the Siddhar shot into the air in "rocket speed" (quoting from the footage).


The video is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qOivuASaD4


Whole thing's in tamil, from Jaya TV. But if you look close, you can see the signs of the Siddhar - excessive hair (like seriously a LOT) and all that.


So the reason I'm writing all this is not because I believe in its integrity. On the contrary, I think it's total crap. I don't think I'll believe in all this unless I actually see it happen. Not that I don't believe in miracles and God's doing and all, coz I do, definitely. I just will not look at some extremely bad-quality video and drop everything and run to Thiruvannamalai to see the holy place where OMG-such-an-awesome-miracle happened. Apparently that's what's happening in TN. In fact amma was saying (only half-jokingly!) that people are probably worshipping that electrician from TNEB now as well heheheh. Unfortunately appa's all into these kinda Yogic occurrances so is a little annoyed that mum and I don't believe it. With technology, all this can be faked so easily! Sigh wish he'd understand that. Anyway, you guys see it and tell me what you think! I honestly think the Siddhar looks little freaky. Ghostly :P


----

Edited to Add:

Today's February 29th! I told amma I'm gonna take as many photos as possible today, starting with the calendar. The next Feb 29th could be a very very different one! I've never really thought about it much till now. Saw the trailer for that movie with Li Lin - The Leap Years. And she said she was 6years old (instead of 24), so thought that was quite interesting. I wonder if it's one of those inauspicious dates. I should do something interesting today and celebrate it every Feb 29th hmm. Right now my imagination's dead.


March's Vishnu Sahasranamam session's at our place tomorrow. So we're making the house slightly more decent-looking. My table's SUCH A MESS. Papers all over the place. aargh and it's already FRIDAYYYYYY!!! Mid-sem break's over!! WOMG. Really gotta start planning my life. There's a career fair going on at Suntec now. Hopefully that'll help me decide what I wanna do with my future.


Btw, tomorrow's the Kadri Gopalnath kutcheri at Sivan kovil! CAN'T WAIT. This is the first event I marked out. I LOOOVE the saxophone! And amma says Kanyakumari's on the violin. Seriously can't wait. Tomorrow's gonna be a nice day :)

4 Scribbles

Anonymous Anonymous kirukkufied...

Man stuff like that kind of freaks me out, I don't like it. I like my miracles to be things like baby whom everyone said would die of a disease survives, or animal said to be extinct is not. Not floating scary things *_*

Therefore I shall um skip the video. I don't know if I believe in such things but I also do not like to think too much about them because they honestly creep me out a bit. Temples and all are fine but when people go all trancey it is v v v scary.

happy 29th feb! The Leap Years trailer looked kind of awfully melodramatic imho D: D:

10:28 PM  
Blogger archana kirukkufied...

haha actually you can't even see him floating and stuff. It's such a bad video. Quality-wise I mean. But yeah, def don't see it :P The trances totally freak me out too. I've always wanted to watch thaipusam in action (still haven't after 22yrs!!) and amma's always telling me never to go coz I'll get all unnerved about it she said. sigh. yay we're similar again.

happy 29th feb :) yeah it looked melodramatic, but quite interesting no? Maybe coz I've never seen any other movie based on that concept. But um, the "let's meet every 4 yrs, same time, same place" thing seems a lil over the top heh.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Archun kirukkufied...

hehe.. well, considering that this was aired on Jaya TV - (the one that even after election results were announced claimed AIADMK to have won and then called it a 'real close contest' ) and the poor quality of the video, I'm totally in sync with your thoughts!

The saxophone's amazing!! I still love listening to Duet pieces - they never fail to amaze me..

6:28 PM  
Blogger archana kirukkufied...

hiii archana! romba naal aachu unna paarthu! epdi irukke!! and yes, I LOVE THE SAXXXXXXX :D

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home